At ShipStation, we’ve always believed that telling stories—specifically your story—is one that needs to be told. Turns out, we aren’t the only ones that think so: our partner, FedEx, has been helping small businesses tell their stories on a broader platform AND reward them with a small business grant: we’re talking about a $25,000 grand prize, another at $15,000, and one more at $7,500. That’s game-changing money.
Last year, we spoke with Paleo Treats about their experience winning a $5,000 grant from FedEx that’s well worth a read. They were able to use that money to invest in, design, and create their amazing custom packaging.
Just imagine what YOU could do with that money. Now let’s get into the official details:
The FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is accepting entries from February 21 to March 29 — is your entry ready? You could win a $25,000 grant and other prizes for your small business.
Start thinking about how you want to tell your story: What do you want to share about your business? And what could a grant help you accomplish? Submit your story for a chance to win one of these prize packages:
- One grand-prize grant of $25,000, plus $7,500 in FedEx Office® print and business services
- Silver level: One grant of $15,000, plus $5,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
- Bronze level: Eight grants of $7,500, plus $1,000 in FedEx Office print and business services
Here’s how to enter:
- Start preparing now! Write a short profile about your business.
- Gather four photos of your business or product (including one logo).
- Create a one-minute video of your “elevator pitch” about your business’ story (suggested, but optional).
- Enter online and upload your story at com/grantcontest.
- After your entry is approved and the voting period begins, find your entry in the contest gallery and share the link with friends, family and fans, and encourage them to vote for you. They can vote once per 24-hour period. The number of votes you receive is just one of many factors FedEx will consider when selecting finalists and winners.
Voting rules alert: Buying votes from anyone, or giving discounts or gifts in exchange for votes, is strictly prohibited. Any entrant in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
How to create a winning entry
Past grant winners share their secrets on creating an entry that will win the hearts of voters and catch the eyes of judges.