Your shipping process can become a daunting routine in the day-to-day operations of running an online business. That can lead to developing not-so-great habits that, while comfortable, are inefficient. It’s important re-evaluate your workflow to speed up your process so you spend less time shipping and more time growing your business. This is the year for you to ship in shape.
We’ve put together a fun interactive image of a shipping workstation with equipment and tools that you might find at your own station. Hover over the image and click on the elements to learn more:
With the resources to explore above, you can learn how to automate your shipping, set up your very own Branded Tracking Page, use our industry-exclusive mobile app and more. Here’s a list of some other great features that you can take advantage of that will get you shipping in shape:
- Quickly Find & Process Orders With Barcode Scanning
- Using a barcode scanner in your warehouse can save you a lot of time and manual clicks in ShipStation.
- Set Up All Of Your Shipping Accounts For One Carrier
- You can setup multiple shipping accounts with a single carrier, so you no longer need to bill a 3rd party for shipping.
- Use Pick Lists To Process Orders Faster
- Use pick lists to quickly get all of your product ready for your open orders.
- Use Hotkeys to Save Time and Clicks
- Setting up keyboard shortcuts can save you even more manual clicks for tasks or presets that you use on the regular.
- Send Branded Tracking Emails to Customers
- You’ll look amazing with your branded tracking page, but don’t forget about the email!
- Use Box Dimensions to Save Time
- If you’re constantly using irregular box sizes (that affect your rates), save those dimensions so you don’t have to type them in for each order.
Whether or not you use ShipStation, the actions outlined above can be beneficial to make your shipping process even smoother. This year we want you to #shipinshape. Updating your workstation and improving your workflow are a great first step.