Holiday Shipping: Tips to Avoid Delays at the Border
Shipping to Canada for the holidays? Don’t get stuck at the border!
Importing and exporting goods into and out of Canada can be complex. But it doesn’t have to be. By partnering with an experienced logistics provider with a proven track record, you can avoid the delays and unexpected costs of border clearance. A qualified logistics partner can help eliminate the headaches of cross-border shipping and customs clearance, ensuring shipments arrive at the border in full compliance with all mandates, taxes and duties paid.
Here are a few factors to consider in order to avoid border-clearance blunders:
- Ensure export eligibility
- Provide accurate and complete documentation
- Assign the correct tariff classification
- Consider other government departments (ODG) compliance and requirements
- Determine terms of service
- Check for eligibility of trade facilitation program (e.g., NAFTA, FAST, CLVS)
- Facilitate the clearance process with electronic compliance (i.e., eManifest)
- Minimize fees and duties with duty relief programs
To get even more tips for facilitating your customs-clearance process and to ensure your goods cross the border in time for the holidays, check out this free report from Purolator!