API Support Specialist
As an API Support Specialist, you will respond to and solve user tickets from developers seeking to create custom connections to ShipStation’s robust API.
Successful candidates will be excited about providing a solution for developers and ShipStation users and assisting internal ShipStation departments with API Support. They’ll be hungry to learn and develop, and work with common sense and urgency. If you are interested in being part of an Austin-based SaaS software start-up that is loved by its customers, take a moment to apply!
- Supports Users and Developers for all API system inquiries, including extensive troubleshooting and general questions.
- Handles and resolves API questions ranging from general to complex.
- Provides assistance to the escalations team by handling escalated user issues and complaints from User Support and Account Management teams.
- Collaborates with developer support and other departments as needed to resolve customer issues quickly and concisely with a regard to the entire system and all users.
- Triages API support queues to identify emerging issues and collect related issues.
- Provides ongoing documentation, API training, and coaching for User Support and Account Management teams.
You must have:
- >2 years experience in a client-facing role.
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with API Integrations (There will be a technical exercise required for this roll in the interview.)
- Strong understanding of e-commerce, shipping, and/or B2MB SaaS products
- Ability to think critically and identify a problem’s most fundamental elements
- Proactive, well-organized, and strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excited about being in a startup-feeling environment
- Proven work ethic
- Experience running your own e-commerce business (a BIG plus)
ShipStation is an Austin-based software company that has experienced tremendous growth in the past year. We help thousands of customers who sell online using Amazon, eBay, Magento, Volusion, BigCommerce, Shopify, Etsy, and over 45 other online marketplaces. Our web-based shipping applications streamlines the order fulfillment process for anyone selling on the Internet.
If you are passionate about using technology to solve business problems, enjoy helping customers, and have excellent communication skills, then we want you to join us.
Apply to become part of the ShipStation crew!
Fill out the form below, attach your résumé, and remember: be yourself.