Want to win $25,000 in a small business grant from FedEx?
How about $15,000 or $7,500?
Our partner, FedEx, wants to give you a chance at that life-changing money: The 2016 FedEx Small Business Grant Contest is accepting entries from May 3 to May 30, 2016 and ShipStation wants to help you get yours ready!
You could win a $25,000 grant and become part of a community of small-business owners who learn from one another and grow their businesses together. This is about telling your story: What photos or experiences can you share that bring your passion and vision to life? What would winning any of these grants help you accomplish? Tell your business’ story and enter for a chance to win:
- A grand prize of $25,000
- One grant of $15,000
- Eight $7,500 grants
FedEx will review every entry and choose the winners based on a few different elements, including number of votes received, the business story, and an explanation of how you will use the grant money. That could mean any number of things: Do you have an innovative product or offer a service unlike any other? Do you have a positive impact on your community? If any of these sound like you, you might find yourself in the winner’s circle.
Here’s how you enter:
- Start preparing now! Write a short profile about your business—details could include the story of how you got started and what makes you stand out in your community or industry.
- Gather four photos of your business or product (including one logo).
- Create a one-minute video of your “elevator pitch” about your business’ story (suggested, but optional).
- Enter online and upload your story at fedex.com/grantcontest.
- After your entry is approved and the voting period begins, find your entry in the contest gallery and share the link with friends, family and fans and encourage them to vote for you. You can vote once per 24-hour period. The number of votes you receive is just one of many factors FedEx will consider when selecting finalists and winners.
Voting rules alert: Buying votes from anyone, or giving discounts or gifts in exchange for votes, is strictly prohibited. Any entrant in violation of these rules will be disqualified.
Get these dates on your calendar, in your brain, on Post-Its on your desk, as a reminder—EVERYWHERE!—so you don’t miss any deadlines or important news:
- May 3 to May 30, 2016: Contest entry period
- May 17 to June 13, 2016: Voting period
- June 20, 2016: Top 100 finalists announced
- July 11, 2016: Winners announced
Now, we mentioned above that ShipStation wants to help. Here’s how we can:
- Once you’ve entered, click here to tweet us and add your link.
- We’ll share your story across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn—everywhere we are, we want you to be.
Learn more about the contest online, and return when it’s time to enter.
Get ideas and tips
Meet Paleo Treats, a past FedEx Small Business Grant Contest winner AND a ShipStation user, whose owner shares how he used his opportunity to connect with the FedEx community and grow from a startup to a successful small business. Edit: In fact, read our chat with Paleo Treats about winning last year by clicking here.
Learn more about other past winners at the FedEx® Small Business Center. You can watch videos about the businesses, read about their biggest successes and lessons learned, and more.
And for help crafting a great entry for your own business, view a sample entry.
Vote for your favorite candidates
Even if you don’t enter the contest, you can still have fun with it. Read about and vote for businesses in the running by going to fedex.com/grantcontest between May 17 – June 13.