Fulfill Amazon Custom and Handmade Orders with DataAutomation and ShipStation
As you know, Amazon is a retail force to be reckoned with. While they cater to millions of people a year, most of the products customers buy are regular stock products.
Did you know that Amazon has options for customized and handmade businesses? If you are selling a product through Etsy, Ebay, or some other location, you can also sell those customized and one-of-a-kind products through Amazon.
But what exactly are Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade? How can ShipStation help? This blog article answers those questions.
What is Amazon Custom?
You can sell customized products online using Amazon Custom. With this platform, your customers can upload images, text, or graphics to your store. Then you take that information and modify your products for them. This means that you have more options to meet the needs of your customers.
Some ideas of how you can customize your products include:
● Print specific images, text, or graphics on clothing
● Embroider your company’s logo on promotional shirts, aprons, jackets, gym bags or other products made from fabric
● Engrave jewelry or trophies
● Create unique party supplies to celebrate anniversaries or birthdays
When you use Amazon Custom, you get the ability to reach the large audience of Amazon customers, while giving the personal touches that you find at a hometown brick-and-mortar store.
The steps you take to access this selling option are:
- Register your business with Amazon Custom, which requires a professional seller account.
- Enable the products you want to be customized.
- Use the tools in Central Seller to design and arrange your products and offerings.
- Sell and ship your products using various partners to make the process easier.
It doesn’t stop with premade products; Amazon also offers a unique storefront for handmade products.
What is Amazon Handmade?
The Internet allows individuals and companies the opportunity to market their products worldwide. This is a great boost to artisans’ sales volume by offering to a larger ecommerce audience. While Amazon Custom allows for customizations like monogramming tee shirts, Amazon Handmade allows artisans to sell items they craft themselves.
One of the requirements to open a store in this category is that the seller is an artisan. In other words, you can only sell handcrafted products on this platform. This protects the craft and integrity of handmade products.
Amazon Handmade offers many different categories that allow you to find the best fit for your creation, including:
● Art such as pottery and paintings
● Handbags, shoes, and clothing
● Jewelry and watches
● Toys and games
● Personal care products such as facial scrubs and makeup
● Sporting goods
● Pet supplies
● Any product you create, build, or make yourself
In order to sell one-of-a-kind products on Amazon Handmade, you need to follow these steps:
- Apply to become an official artisan based on criteria established by Amazon.
- Complete the process to open a seller account, which allows you to sell your merchandise on Amazon.
- List your products in your store.
- Sell and ship your products using different programs that can help you leverage your business and boost your sales.
One of the add-ons that can help you focus more on creation and less on shipping is ShipStation.
A Solution for Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade
When importing orders from your Amazon Custom and Amazon Handmade, ShipStation users want to have the unique information for customized and one-of-a-kind products imported into ShipStation automatically. Now that this is possible, ShipStation users no longer have to manually copy and paste this information into ShipStation. These orders get to be treated like any other Amazon order.
You can sign up for an add-on for ShipStation Amazon Custom or for ShipStation Amazon Handmade through DataAutomation. When you use this service, all the customized information will download on the packing slip right next to the customer’s name and address.
With this feature, you can have all the benefits of ShipStation, from batch shipping across all your selling channels, to discounted rates for top carriers, without the need to access Amazon orders by hand to find the customization information.
To sign up for this feature or to request more information about the DataAutomation Add-on, please send an email to [email protected].
About the author:
-Co-Founder of DataAutomation
With over a decade of business development experience, it’s safe to say Will Christensen has an elevated passion for fulfilling what the end-user desires and efficiently working towards faster iterations. Considered by some to be the “Tony Stark of Software,” he enjoys tinkering with cutting-edge technology, apps, and systems, and loves to create innovative solutions for businesses and individual clients. He is the co-founder of DataAutomation, which customizes both automation and integration processes for e-commerce sellers. Will also heads up business development for RoundSphere, a tech incubator dedicated to developing new opportunities through software. Prior to his present endeavors, Will has garnered extensive proficiency in advertising, media management, and product development.