The Cheapest International Rates and Shipping Services for 2023
One of the hardest parts of shipping internationally is choosing from all of the great services available. While it can be confusing to know which one will offer the best rates, it doesn’t take long to discover that certain services work best for different packages and delivery timeframes. While USPS First Class Mail International will generally win the title of cheapest international shipping rate that doesn’t make it the best fit. Learning which services best suits various parcels will help you better prepare your international shipments.
If you want to save big on international shipping, read more about ShipStation Carrier Services—discounted shipping rates that are available for no extra charge with ALL ShipStation accounts.
USPS International Shipping Rates
The USPS provides some great services for sending parcels internationally. From slow and economical to fast and premium, they cover a large range of options with just three services. With ShipStation Carrier Services, you can save up to 84% on USPS shipments!
- USPS First Class International: First-Class Mail International® (FCMI) is an economical international shipping method if you’re shipping lightweight packages. First-Class Mail International stands out as the most affordable way to send letters, large envelopes, and parcels weighing less than 4.4 lbs to more than 180 countries. Keep in mind that First Class International doesn’t offer a delivery ETA, so it maytake a couple of weeks for final delivery to be made. While there is no coverage included for FCMI parcels, you can purchase insurance separately. Coverage on these parcels goes up to $400. If you are mailing something worth higher than this in value, it would need to be shipped with Priority.
- USPS Priority Mail International: USPS offers Priority Mail International (PMI) to over 180 countries with an estimated delivery timeframe of 6–10 days. Parcels can weigh up to 70 lbs when shipping with Priority Mail and they allow for a maximum combined length and girth of 108″. USPS allows parcel coverage on PMI shipments of up to $5,000. And whether you’re shipping internationally and domestically, you can schedule USPS carrier pickups using ShipStation.
- USPS Priority Mail Express International:Priority Mail Express International is the USPS’s fastest, most premium international shipping service. With a delivery timeframe of 3–5 days to over 180 countries, it also features international flat rate packaging to simplify international shipping.
UPS International Shipping Rates
UPS has a vast network of international hubs. As a result, UPS makes international shipping more affordable and efficient. UPS on ShipStation can help you save even more by giving you savings of up to 82% off international services*.
Below are some of the best UPS international shipping services and their associated rates:
- UPS Worldwide Saver®: UPS’s affordable international option that will arrive by the end of the delivery date in the following timeframes to these destinations: Next business day delivery to Canada. Next business day delivery to Mexico for document packages. 2 business day delivery to Europe and Latin America for all packages. And 3 business day delivery to Asia for all packages.
- UPS® Standard: UPS’s 1–5 day shipping service for shipping cross-border to Canada and Mexico. If you are looking to ship to Canada, this is the most affordable UPS option. If you need a quicker service, the UPS WorldWide options are available.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited®: This service allows you to ship to major areas in Canada, Latin America and Europe in 3+ days, and metro areas in Asia and the Middle East in 3+ days.
- UPS Worldwide Express®: UPS Worldwide Express® service lets you ship to Latin America and Europe in 2 days, and the Middle East in 3+ days.
*Discounts off UPS daily rates. Rates are limited to shipping from the U.S. only. Rates and any applicable discounts are subject to change at any time without notice.
GlobalPost International Shipping Rates
GlobalPost offers a range of domestic and international shipping solutions through a network of international global postal carriers and commercial carriers. GlobalPost is exclusively designed and built to leverage multiple carriers for the quickest and most affordable last-mile delivery to different locations.
Below are some of the international shipping options GlobalPost offers and their associated rates:
- GlobalPost Economy International: An affordable option for sending small parcels (up to 4.4 lbs) internationally. It takes 6–10 days to make final delivery in the 200+ countries where it is supported. GlobalPost Economy International offers tracking into the destination country, or “Door to Country”.
- GlobalPost Standard International: All the benefits of GlobalPost Economy International, but with “Door to Door” tracking and available for parcels up to 70 lbs.
- GlobalPost Plus: A Delivered Duty Paid (DDP) service for shipments to Canada, Mexico and the U.K. Prepay duties and taxes on behalf of your customers and eliminate surprise fees at delivery for the recipient. GlobalPost Plus includes advanced customs clearance, with shipments usually clearing customs electronically before the shipment arrives in the destination country. This process helps expedite the delivery process, allowing the shipment to quickly be delivered to the buyer.
- Canada Delivery Duty Paid (DDP): Prepay all duties and taxes on First-Class Mail International Service shipments to Canada for one low flat rate of $6.95, and eliminate the expensive administrative fees (up to $9.95) that may be incurred upon delivery in addition to the cost of duties and taxes.
- GlobalPost SmartSaver: If you ship at least 5 international shipments per day, you may be eligible to save up to 30% with one of GlobalPost’s SmartSaver programs.
DHL Express International Shipping Rates
DHL Express delivers to countries all over the world in a timely manner that has kept them a frontrunner of international logistics. What’s more, ShipStation’s integration with DHL Express can also be used through the ShipStation Carrier Services. Offering discounts of up to 75% on DHL Express postage.
DHL Express Worldwide: Express Worldwide is DHL’s next-day service that delivers by end-of-day the next available business day. Additionally, DHL Express offers Express 9:00, 10:30, and 12:00 services which make final delivery on the next business day by the selected time.
FedEx International Shipping Rates
FedEx makes a name for itself with a global network of express international options. With services ranging from three-day to next-day services, FedEx has established itself as one of the premier carriers for global shipment.
*Note: While a FedEx account is not provided with the ShipStation Carrier Services, you can connect an existing FedEx account to ShipStation!
- FedEx International Economy®: This international service takes 2–5 days to make final delivery in major markets around the world.
- FedEx International Priority®: An affordable way to ship international parcels that takes 1–3 business days to make final delivery to approved international addresses.
- FedEx International First®: FedEx’s fastest day-definite service for international shipping. Final delivery is made in 2 days by 9:00 am to select cities in Europe, 10:00 am in Latin America. It takes 3 days to make final delivery by 10:00 am to select Asian and Australian metro areas.
How ShipStation Helps with International Shipping
ShipStation Carrier Services
ShipStation Carrier Services allows merchants to save big on their international and domestic shipping costs. Drawing from a single postage balance, you can access discounts on UPS, USPS, DHL Express, GlobalPost, and Seiko LTL shipments. Many of these carriers and services are available upon signup. All you need to do is sign up for ShipStation! With ShipStation the cheapest international shipping rates are always at your fingertips.
Autogenerated Customs Forms
Another advantage of ShipStation is that you are able to generate customs forms automatically. If you have the item descriptions on an order, ShipStation is able to pull that information from the order and onto the customs form. We support the creation of many different customs forms that you need to get orders to your customers as quickly as possible! Learn more about ShipStation by reading our What is ShipStation? post!